Greater Newark Conservancy
32 Prince Street
Built in 1884, the Main Building of the Center is the former Oheb Shalom synagogue and church listed in the New Jersey Register of Historic Places. The Conservancy purchased the building in 1995, after a small group of preservationists rescued it from impending demolition, and subsequently performed major renovations to both the exterior and interior of the building. It now holds three classrooms and a teaching kitchen, along with additional program space.
Learn more: Greater Newark Conservancy